Areas of Expertise
The main operational areas of ABUplus International include:
- Entrepreneurship Development: Many young people in developing and developed countries lack access to modern education on business development and the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). This makes it hard for the growing numbers of youth to successfully compete in the job-market and to contribute to their countries’ economic development. ABUplus offers consultancy and management of entrepreneurship, training, education and capacity building.
- Human Resources Development: Consultancy and management of HRD, training, education and capacity building; Consultancy, monitoring and controlling of retraining and re-employment programs; Management of development of administrative structures, institutional development; Development and delivery of tailor-made training measures; Drafting or revision of laws and improvement of legal frameworks; Development of database software and MIS.
- Policy advice to governments, ministries and administrations: Policy strategy analysis, design and development; Policy design in the fields of education, public administration, law; Design of national TVET policies including curricula development, design of new job profiles, labour market analyses, teacher training, institutional strengthening; Design of regional development and decentralization concepts; Advice and training on legal drafting; Design of private sector development strategies; Development of social programs for pension reform, reform of social security systems, reform of the social benefit system in general; Risk management and anti-crisis strategies.
- Education and Vocational Training: Improvement of education governance; Education sector adjustment strategies and programs; Policy studies on education finance and budgeting; Design and implementation of vocational training and further education courses; Development of curricula (modular approach) and new professional and occupational profiles; Development of national qualification systems & vocational qualification frameworks; Training needs analyses among target groups in industrial/economy sectors; Mainstreaming of content/cross-cutting issues; Development of assessment and certification procedures; Distance education, E-learning; Counseling, career guidance and placement services; Introduction of the cooperative Vocational Education and Training system (German Dual System).
- Professional Development: Training needs analysis and revision of existing teacher training programs; Preparation of new teacher training curricula; Preparation of training materials for teacher training; Piloting of teacher training programs and their evaluation; Implementation of teacher training through multiplicators; Analysis of professional development sectors; Revision of qualification standards; Improvement of TVET management and Training of school principals, instructors, inspectors.
Within the framework of the general project implementation the various issues (such as capacity building, curricula development, training, M&E, etc.), have always been combined together and considered as parts of a whole. ABUplus International has always accompanied the work on these issues with the application of professional know-how related to other binding aspects and to the transfer of managerial and administrational skills to the institutional or educational staff operating on the territory.
The company has been involved, as contract partner or as member of a consortium, during the last 20 years in nearly all major TVET projects funded by the international donor community.
The company has established close relationships with all projects´ local partners who are providing efficient support in implementing the projects all over the word.